Read-A-Thon is an annual program sponsored by the CPES PTA to encourage our children to read more and to get excited about reading! Please read here about how it works, how it raises funds, and what prizes we offer.
- Between Mar. 4 - 19, students read and keep track of the minutes read.
- Every. Minute. Counts! (asynchronous, reading to/with your child, group reading)
- Students fill out a Reading Log (daily is easiest/best) with their minutes.
- Reading Logs are a available in a variety of formats for your convenience:
- Between Mar. 20-26, students turn in their Reading Logs: via Google form ; hand in to their teacher or at Library pick-up; or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Collect and turn in pledges (see fundraiser details below).
- Read-A-Thon is first and foremost to encourage our kids to read more!
- We do try to raise money during Read-A-Thon to benefit our library, school, and PTA initiatives.
- Students, with an adult’s help, may look for sponsors to pledge towards the student’s reading
- Pledges can be made via:
- Every student that participates in Read-A-Thon (by completing and submitting their Reading Logs) earns Book Bucks to spend at the Book Fair 
- Additional prizes to be determined for TOP readers in each grade
Please contact email@example.com with questions.