2020-2021 PTA Volunteer Opportunities
7/28/2020 3:12 pm
2020-2021 PTA Volunteer Opportunities:
If you are interested in volunteering for any of the positions below, please contact Jennifer McCarry.
Teacher/Staff Appreciation Weeks Chair
Time Commitment: 2-10 hours/month Feb-May, this position is most active during Teacher Appreciation Week in May.
- Coordinates Teacher Appreciation Week (breakfasts/lunches/giveaways/etc) and works with Room Parents to communicate ways that classrooms can recognize teachers.
- Coordinates small items (flowers, cards, lunches) for Nurse Appreciation Day, Custodian/Cafeteria.
- Appreciation Week, School Counselor Appreciation Week, Administrative Professionals Appreciation Day.
Language Translation Volunteers:
Time Commitment: 3-5 hours/month
- Translate written documents on behalf of the PTA as needed (flyers, newsletters, etc)
- We are primarily looking for volunteers who can translate to Spanish, but other languages would be helpful, too!
Cardinal Community Walk Chair - We are hoping to encourage our families to get out and walk every street that feeds in Cunningham Park this fall. 10 walking routes that incorporate all these streets have already been created. Families would be encouraged to walk one route/week for 10 weeks between September 19 and Thanksgiving.
Time Commitment: 5-10hours/month August-December
- Help create and distribute maps of walking routes to families
- Create and distribute scavenger hunts to families
- Promote walks/routes to community and encourage participation
- Track families who participate in the Community Walk
- Order and distribute window clings to families who participate.
Silent Auction Chair - we aren't completely sure if this will happen this year, but would be happy to talk about it if someone wants to take it on!